On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a pandemic following the worldwide spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19). In response, we have implemented the following measures, including updated cancellation policies.
1. Cancellation policy If you are forced to cancel your booking, a VELTRA travel consultant will work with the local activity provider and do their best to meet your needs.
For bookings in March:
No cancellation fees for booked activities in countries or regions that have entry restrictions on foreign visitors, regardless of the original cancellation policy.
Similarly, reservations in countries and regions under quarantine, including voluntary self-quarantine can be canceled free of charge.
If you decide to cancel your trip at your own discretion or due to flight cancellation, the original cancellation policy will apply.
For bookings after April: The original cancellation policy will apply. If your activity is not operated, you will receive a full refund.
* Immigration restrictions are constantly changing. For the latest information, please refer to your local authority.
2. Providing essential information for travelers In cooperation with local tour operators around the world, we will provide you with the latest information, including attraction closures. The information will be updated as soon as we receive the information from the local operators. If you hold a booking and there are changes made to the itinerary by the tour operators, our travel consultants will contact you individually.
3. Supporting local tour operators (partners) It is our mission to continue to work with partners around the world to deliver inspiring travel experiences to our customers. In order to overcome the current challenges facing the tourism industry, we will take measures to shorten the payment term and contribute to improving the cash flow of the local tour operators we work with.
4. Precautionary measures for employees working at VELTRA In addition to heightened sanitary measures in the office, as of March 2020, all VELTRA employees are working from home to reduce risk of further community spread. Also, all in-person meetings and business trips have been replaced with video conferencing. VELTRA has introduced a telework system in its headquarter and group company offices since 2016, which has helped ensure a smooth transition to a more flexible workstyle.
Finally We take this opportunity to thank our customers who have trusted and booked with VELTRA. We are all committed to unite and carry on until the situation improves and continue to deliver the joy of travel to you, our valued customer.